Connection with Survey Master app

Hello, I’m Emlid customer and I have three GNSS receiver RS2, RS2+ and RS. I want to connect my receivers with a third party app like Survey Master. RS2 and RS+ connected successfully but RS2+ has problems I don’t know how to fix it can anyone help me?.

1 Like

Curious, is Survey Master free as it shows on website? Or is this a limited demo?

Maybe it has a generic NMEA driver for RS2+?

1 Like

Old link with maybe useful info or not?

1 Like

It’s free, I have used it for about 2 years and I am very satisfied with it, so I would like to use it with the new GNSS receiver as well.

1 Like

Yes, they are very useful, but as you can see in the photo, I have no accuracy at all. So I don’t know that could be the problem

1 Like

You may need to share your Survey Master connection settings used for better help.

1 Like

This is a really old one and my current devices do not work with SM.
Sadly, cant help with this one.

1 Like

Are the settings the exact same as your other 2 emlid receivers?

Do you have the correct datum and ellipsoid???

Are you in china? If not you need to select the correct coordinate system for your area / region.

Sure, with the same device connected on RS2 and working well, but on RS2+ don’t work.

Hi Nderim,

Have you tried using the Lefebure NTRIP client app to set up the connection? The workflow is described in this guide. Was it of any help?

3 Likes

That is probably the trick or workaround :wink:

Hello, It seems that GNSS Reach RS2+ has had an IP conflict with the app. After I received both RS2+ and RS2, I offered them close and started to connect with the same phone, then it starts to work well.

Thank you for your help

2 Likes

Hi @nderimhamza93,

Glad it’s working now! Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Sure would be nice to know the secret to get Emlid receivers to connect and work with Survey Master.

I gave up along with @TB_RTK trying to get them to work without any luck.

1 Like

Hi @timd1971,

It should work as described in this guide for the Android apps that support receiving NMEA position via Bluetooth. You’ve probably already checked this, but just in case.

And perhaps @nderimhamza93 can share the secret to success.

2 Likes

It works fine for me with this version or lower

1 Like

Latest v3.0.5 does not work.

No NMEA Device option. It’s like they removed any firm of NMEA, so cannot use other brands/models besides their own ComNav.

I will try again later to see if can connect via Bluetooth which may be the problem.

Could you use it fully? I heard some apps like Tersus Nuwa limit the number of points you can survey or stakeout?

1 Like