Connect Reach RS Base & Rover with Topcon Magnet Field Software

Yes. I setup the base/rover connection as normal then connected the rover to Magnet and could shoot points just fine. I did not test stakeout. I think I got pretty close with getting control points in, but without the base connection it would not give me the option to GPS measure the points (which have local northings and eastings) to localize.

(edit) I have an idea that I can locate the existing points with the Reach and manually enter those WGS84 coordinates into the control file…

atleast you have 2 reach rs (base sending coreection) and Rover receiveing correction thru Lora. then You can observe the wgs coordinates of you local points. save that 2 coordinates in your magnet. then, you also the
local coordinates of your points. You can perform localization. If you watch the link i sent to you. That could guide you to perform localization.

1 Like

Ok, sounds like a good plan. I have the local points, shoot them with the Reach without localization and then create the localization tying those two sets of points together. Thank you!

Yeah! you got it exactly. Actually you can set your base anywhere with known points or without known points. the most important in localization is the relative distance and elevation of 2 different coordinates (wgs and local coordinates) are almost exactly the same.

I will report back and include any documentation I can.

8 years ago, i have exactly same problem but using some Chinese GPS . as long as your data collector has a feature of localization, you can do it.

please watch the link video for localization procedure in TOPCON MAGNET.

1 Like

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issue with getting fix

I just reset the Reach RS+ receivers back to default and the configured with the Base/Rover LoRa. I removed all Bluetooth device from the receivers and the FC-500 and reconnected. Recreated the Emlid NMEA Rover in Magnet and connected in the first try. Much to be said about tinkering even if you “think” you got everything set back to normal… Can’t wait to try it in the field!

1 Like

Please tell me you documented your “tinkering!” :slight_smile:

Kindly document your tinkering so other can replicate your procedure.

1 Like

LOL, the tinkering trying to get fixed is what broke everything. The solution was reset everything to defaults and reconfiguring according to:

And

https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs/common/tutorials/magnetfield/

What I learned along the way was that adjusting the LoRa frequency and which constellations are being used are good first steps to troubleshooting issue with achieving a fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.