Completely disable automatic updates?

Hello,

Is it possible to disable the “auto-update over wifi” thing? We’re using the Reach installed inside a robot, with no Wifi access. The Reach has me stuck at “Please connect to Wi-Fi network and install an update”, and the “reboot and go to the app” button is disabled. Also, SSH access isn’t working (not sure if that’s related).

We communicate with the Reach via the USB/ethernet interface, not wifi, and we’d like to do updates by manually flashing, at a time of our choosing, if possible.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,
Rick

Whats you current version?
I have no problem using reach/rs without updating. Its just a notification on the top

1 Like

Hi TB_RTK,

ReachView shows “2.93” in the upper-right corner of the UI (on the units that we can access).

Rick

Here’s a screen cap of the page that comes up. I’m assuming (possibly wrong), that the fact that I can’t get a TCP connection or SSH to the Reach has something to do with the update functionality:

I see you are accessing ReachView from localhost:3215

Does that mean you are running ReachView software on your computer, or are you doing some port-forwarding?

Port forwarding.

OK, so I assume your Reach is on a LAN, and there is no gateway to the Internet.

Has this particular unit worked in the past or is this an initial startup (or has it been reflashed?)

The Reach is on a LAN, and has a gateway to the Internet, via the USB<->Ethernet (it has no Wifi access out). Stock firmware. Not sure if it worked in the past (new, untested installation). Edit: the Reach doesn’t have name service working, so I assume that’s why it can’t find an update server).

OK, then all you need is this:

touch /etc/reachview/first_time_setup.cfg

ssh in and run command, then reboot.

I read above that you couldn’t ssh. Is that still true? If so, explain how you tried.

Thanks for the info, but part of my problem is that I can’t SSH into the Reach (not sure if it has anything to do with the update attempt).

From the host computer, I use

ssh root@192.168.2.15

(after bringing up usb0 on the host with ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.2)

(btw, I’ll be AFK for a while; thanks for responding).

I am of the opinion that if you can see the Reach updater page, then the ssh daemon is probably running and that you are just having trouble connecting to it.

One thing you could do is port-scan Reach so we can see what ports are open (hopefully port 22). For example: nmap 192.168.2.15

Otherwise, you could explain your network in more detail, like what devices/OS you have, what connects to what, WiFi or wired, and what all the network interface addresses are. Just be as descriptive as you can.

Otherwise, you could explain your network in more detail, like what devices/OS you have, what connects to what, WiFi or wired, and what all the network interface addresses are. Just be as descriptive as you can.

I’ll start another thread with the SSH issue, since it’s separate from my original question. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.