Co-ord imports, CSV importing, Base coord input options

System: RS+ Base and Rover.
Firmware: V28.4
App: Reachview 3.st
System: Wairarapa 2000

Issue 1:
However I try, it seems I cannot get the CSV format right, trying to upload coordinates to my project.
I am trying to load XYZ and even using the format provided, is unsuccessful.
Or must they be in LLH?

Issue 2 - Base
When i want to set my Base on a known point, it is set on “single average” and it does not allow me to enter a manual coordinate.

As for this, not sure if they fixed this yet, HOPEFULLY so, but i see this very important feature was temporarily disabled???

The option was there but for some strange reason, the button did not seem to respond.
I have reloaded it last night and the issue seems to be fixed, now. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have not tested it in the field yet but hope to do it tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi @Wouter,

Is your project in the NZGD2000/Wairarapa 2000 coordinate system? To upload your CSV file to it, you need to make sure that the points in it are in this coordinate system as well. Also, please double-check that your CSV file has these columns: Name, Easting, Northing, and Elevation.

If, after that, it still can’t be uploaded to the app, please share your CSV file with me. I’ll take a closer look at it. To keep it private, you can send the file to support@emlid.com.

Hmm, generally, for the manual setting of the coordinates, you need to press the Configure button in the Base mode tab. It’ll lead you to the tab, where you can choose the entry method and set the coordinates.

As I see from your updates, it works fine now, but do you mean the Configure button was unavailable?

Hi @timd1971,

The current version of the ReachView 3 app supports setting the base manually. It’s possible in the Base mode settings tab.

As for the Save to manual feature, I agree that it’s pretty helpful. We have plans to bring it back to the app in one of the future releases. Keep your ReachView 3 up-to-date so as not to miss it.

It was available. It went to the options. Then it was unresponsive when I wanted to choose manual.
It’s working fine now.

Hi Julia, I am a little confused with the coordinate systems.

But to answer your question, yes, they are in the same system.
Can I load them as XYZ?
Below is a link to my csv file. NZGD2000 Wairarapa 2000

In the meantime, I loaded some coordinates manually.
It is here where
To be able to enter coordinates in XYZ (m), it seems I need to use the “Local” input option.
Entering the XYZ, Reachview 3 converts it to geographical coordinates…BUT then it transforms my Z to a different height. Not ideal.

If I use the “Global” option, Reachview 3 asks for the coordinates in LLH. Preferably XYZ entry will be ideal.

Am I able to to enter orthometric coordinates (XYZ) into the Wairarapa 2000 circuit, so that my height does not get converted?

Thanks Wouter.

Hi @Wouter!

You can import coordinates only in LLH and Easting, Northing, and Elevation formats.

I imported your CSV into the newly created project with the described CRS without an issue. However, please double-check that the names of the columns don’t have spaces and errors.

Is there any way to import coordinates with the following format:
name,north,east,elev,desc
North east and elevations based on selected coordinate system.

This is a standard for surveying in the US. I can format otherwise, but I have lots of other equipment that does not require me to do so and having to change formats for one piece of equipment leaves too much room for error.

Hi Daniel! Yes, sure, it’s possible.

To import the data in the desired coordinate system, you should do the following:

1. Create a project in the ReachView 3 app
  2. Select a required coordinate system
  3. Prepare a CSV file with columns Name, Northing, Easting, Elevation, Description
  4. Import CSV into the created project

After the import, points should appear on the map.

You can also check our video guide on YouTube.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.