Clarfication of log descriptions

Hello,

I have two questions:

1. When logging the raw files in RINEX format one can enter a Measured height.

1. From the hint one would conclude it is to the bottom of the receiver, but when one later looks into the Rinex file it does not seem to include the offset from the bottom to the phase center in none of

• Line ANTENNA: DELTA H/E/N is empty
      • if one enters 0m there should be the phase center offset in my understanding in the APPROX POSITION XYZ field (which I think is not).

For the receivers that do not include an antenna this is of course not possible as one could use a different antenna but for the Reach RS2 this could be done automatically.
      In my understanding, the wording should be changed to something like To the phase center of the antenna

2. The word receiver should be changed to antenna for a more precise wording

2. It would be nice if a hint could be included in the logging of the Base corrections if these are the incoming corrections or in case the device is used as base the outgoing corrections

Colleague and I discussed about it and found out we expected the exact opposite thing but both ways are kind of logical.

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience! Let me explain each question in more detail.

1. When logging the raw files in RINEX format, you indeed can enter a Measured height. Measured height is the distance between the mark and the bottom of the receiver.
    We officially registered antenna calibration details for Reach RS2 so that they automatically added in the RINEX header. You can find the “Antenna” field in RINEX files since Reach Firmware 26 version. That’s why you don’t need to manually add 134 mm to the pole height.

2. The Base correction log always contains the incoming corrections from the base station. It consists of base GNSS observations without the calculation of accurate coordinates. For the base itself, this log will stay empty if the unit doesn’t receive the corrections.

In any case, thank you for sharing your suggestions! We’ll consider how to make it clearer in the app :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

So for the M2 I would need to enter the antenna offset manually/add it to the “pole height”?

When I’m using my M2’s for static use, I enter the ARP height and usually just log for rinex with GPS only. Sometimes I’ll select all constellations if I’m PP myself. This eliminates any confusion when submitting to OPUS or using my PP software Javad Justin 3. In either case, I’ll select my antenna used (Harxon GPS 500) for OPUS or my software. Both allows for the different phase centers as my antenna is in NGS’s calibration list. It minimizes any question in the ARP as I always use 2.00 m fixed tripods during observations.

Yes, for the M2 you need to enter the antenna offset manually. It depends on the antenna you use.

Reach M2 antenna phase centers’ offsets for L1 and L2 are 0.035 m and 0.037 m.

If you’re using a calibrated antenna with the M2 and submitting to OPUS,. enter the antenna height to the ARP of the antenna and select the antenna used in OPUS’s drop down list.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.