CHC Geomatics Office 2 .ubx files

Did you convert the lat/long to SC State Plane coordinates ? That would show the actual difference in a readable format. I used the arp coords for the CORS in the adjustment. I think maybe the county antenna nearby (100’) might have something to due with the quality of the data that day. I’ll check the sat info tomorrow in office to see.

Thanks for reviewing ! I wish I had more time to play around with rtklib.

jbonde002, thank you for taking the time to run the ubx file through RTKPOST!
Interesting results, I’ll have to try later to reproduce the same results using the version demo5 b33b2.
Thank you Bryan for mentioning the cost of the software.

1 Like

I noticed in the comparison just above that you used GEOID12B while the NGS had used GEOID12A to offset the ellipsoid height. Which geoid model did you use when processing the Emlid data?

1 Like

Just a heads up. The NGS advises users to “[c]onsider the coordinate in the [CORS] rinex file header and station logs as APPROXIMATE. Always use the Coordinate file (Position Velocity file) position.” For more, see the answer to FAQ #39 at FAQs about NCN - National Geodetic Survey

1 Like

I believe the only difference in 12A and 12B is the discrepancy with Puerto Rico geoid. 12A and 12B are the same. Geoid 12A excluded an area along the southern states at the gulf coast due to subsidence.

The original Geoid 12 was created using the GPS benchmark data in the re-adjustment of 2011 to help define the ellipsoid-geoid relationship.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.