Can't turn on Mobile data with SIM card inserted

I am interested to see how this is resolved. I think i’m having the same issue but this is the first time I have used a SIM card with my recently purchased RS2. Using v 2.22.4 firmware I could not enable mobile data. I also updated to the v2.23.6 dev which initially allowed me to turn the Mobile Data on again (cell bars and 3G). Then the following happened:

1. I could use Reach as a wifi hotspot to my android device
  2. NTRIP error ‘Connect error 101’
  3. Now I can’t turn Mobile data back on again

Hi @mr.face,

May I ask you to PM the Full System report too?

Also, would you mind sharing the screenshots/screencast showing the issue?

Screenshots of the problem.
Unfortunately, no screenshots of NTRIP when the Mobile Data actually works as I can no longer turn Mobile Data on. The tab will think for a bit and the button remains in the ‘off’ position.

Correction Input Tab error while trying to use the SIM card. No screenshots of the error with Mobile data turned ON as it is ‘stuck’ in the OFF position, but this is the same error. I’ve read on other posts that Connect Error 101 simply means lack of connectivity (no internet).

If I switch to a WiFi hotspot, NTRIP works again.

Hi @mr.face,

Thanks for sharing the data!

As I can see from the Full System report, the device detects the SIM card but the Internet is indeed unavailable.

I’ve noticed that you’ve tried entering APN. Usually, incorrect APN might be a reason for the inability to turn the Mobile data on. May I ask you to try other APNs with your SIM card? According to the report, you work with the AT&T mobile operator so that I’d recommend trying broadband and phone APNs.

Not sure if the issue is completely resolved yet, but I wanted to fill you in on the latest development. After receiving your PM, I powered the base up again to troubleshoot and the SIM card started working with the NTRIP now?! Didn’t need to change a thing. Like I said, I’m not fully sure as I haven’t taken it out for a proper survey. I will keep you updated though. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @mr.face,

Glad to hear it works now!

Please let me know if you face any other difficulties.

Not sure if I should resurrect this thread or start a new one, but I now have a direct cause and effect for the Mobile Data not turning on/staying grayed out. I have two Reach Units. I moved my SIM card to the second unit (running v2.22.4 - it has been a while between surveys) and the SIM card worked perfectly. Mobile data turned on/off and stayed stable for 45 minutes…

Then I switched the NTRIP license to this unit. This ended SIM card use/Mobile Data - Immediately. Now I have the exact same problems that I had with the first unit. Even after I removed the NTRIP data.

Something happened when I connected to NTRIP. How do I troubleshoot it? I downloaded the App that shows i’m using a 3G network? I’ve read on other threads that certain firmware updates (v2.22.5) worked for them concerning Mobile Data problems, should I try reflashing to those?

Hi @mr.face,

First, I’d recommend updating your device to the latest stable version which is v2.22.7 now. To do that, you don’t need to reflash the device. You can simply connect it to the Wi-Fi network with Internet access and follow this guide to update the receiver.

If the issue persists on this version, please generate the Full System report on the device and send it to the support@emlid.com with the link to this thread.

Keep us posted!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.