Can't reflash Reach RTK to v2.22.0

Hello,

I am trying to update my Reach RTK, but it never reaches #3. I can access it through the browser.
IIRC I had 2.16(?) and made a succesful update to 2.20.8 no problem to this point. Then followed the instructions to update to 2.22 . Please help.

RS+ has problems as well:

This is actually much worse because the LEDs are flashing red blue green, red blue green, red blue green,…hard reset… NO ACCESS, BIG frustration.

Hi @alujoe,

Have you tried using another USB port to reflash the Reach RTK device? Is there any chance you have another PC/laptop to try it?

Could you please clarify why you want to reflash the Reach RS+ device? There should be no issues with updating it without reflashing.

Also, please, provide us with flasher logs from your PC so we can check what prevents the Flasher tool to work as expected. To access flasher logs, you can follow these steps:

1. Press Win + R
  2. The Run window should appear
  3. Paste this string into the Run window: AppData\Local\Emlid\Reach Firmware Flash Tool\logs

It should open the folder with flasher logs.

Hi @alujoe,

I’ve just noticed that you use the image for Reach RS2, not for Reach RTK to reflash the device. Please, download the appropriate image from Reach RTK docs.

Hi Tatiana,

“Could you please clarify why you want to reflash the Reach RS+ device? There should be no issues with updating it without reflashing.” -->
RS+ was on v2.18 (?) and claimed to be the latest version (no updates available). From the original thread I had the impression I should flash to v2.22

With Laptop #1 it ended with LEDs flashing red blue green, red blue green,…hard reset… NO ACCESS, BIG frustration.
Tried as suggested another PC, recovered an old Laptop. Now using Laptop #2 and flashing the correct RSplus image, it worked a lot better, as the LEDs behave as they should and no hard reset needed.

Now I am stopped here:

The files for the RS+:
RSplus_logs.zip (13.6 KB)

Now talking about the Reach RTK, not the RS+ from above !

“Have you tried using another USB port to reflash the Reach RTK device?” --> yes
“Is there any chance you have another PC/laptop to try it?” --> yes, tried Laptop #2, but still no access.

and the files for the Reach RTK:
RTK_no_PC_hotspot.zip (2.2 KB)
RTK_PC_hotspot_active.zip (2.2 KB)

What else can I try ?

Hi Tatiana,

sorry I used the wrong screenshots. After first trying reach-plus-v2.22.1.img, I tried the RS2 as well because it is shown in the instructions for the RTK update.

Hi @tatiana.andreeva,

the RS+ problems are solved (it worked using the mobile/cellular phone). Thank You !

Reach RTK is now the only problem left. Any suggestions ?

Hi @alujoe,

Have you installed the Intel Edison driver on your PC?

Intel Drivers are installed (I use Reach RTK since the beginnings :slight_smile: ).
I tried to install the v2.22 before and it stopped after selecting the firmware, never got a flash button.

Hi @tatiana.andreeva,

I found another PC, with this one the Reach RTK flashing worked.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.