Can't get the solution from Reach to QGIS

Hi all

I connt my “old” reachview via USB to my laptop to receivece gps in qgis but I’m not able to receive the signal in GQIS
I used positin output I selected usb-to-pc NMEA buadrate 115200

Any suggestion ?

thx

Francesco

Hi Francesco,

I’ve just checked that it’s possible to get the Reach module position in QGIS using this guide. Could you please send me a screenshot of the QGIS GPS information settings?

1 Like

Hi Kseniia
I have the “first” version of reach rtk module so the usb cable is used to power the unit so I don’t know if it’s also possbile to send the nmea string
In my qgis seril device settings I don’t have the possibiity to choose any serial port

thx

Francsco

Hi Francesco,

The USB connection can be used to power the unit and get position simultaneously.

May I ask you to share the Serial device options available in QGIS when you try to get the unit’s position?

hi

I don’t have any serial device avaiabale

Francesco

Maybe I have to insytalll/update some driver for usb connection ?

You probably have to install the OLD Edison drivers v1.2.1??? I have the older Reach RS with Edison chip. Seems the DOCS have removed any mention of doing this so more difficult to deal with now for older Edison devices… Intel no longer supports it and Emlid switched from it in their new devices.

You can search around here for the old drivers, but good luck, even after install of drivers, still cannot connect via USB-to-PC via COM port which would normally get assigned in order for software like QGIS to connect through. There was also a post in the past about may have to use a POWERED USB expander if laptop isn’t providing enough juice? just suggestions is all good luck!

You can also use BLUETOOTH fyi.

EDIT:

Try at your own risk, or wait for help from Emlid before doing so in order not to complicate things.
Download Intel® Edison Configuration Tool

Hi Francesco,

Sorry, I’ve just noticed that I tested Reach Module with macOS only, while you have a Windows PC. I’ve tested the USB connection to Windows and reproduced the issue. I’ll look into what might be wrong with the team and get back with the news.

If it’s appropriate for you, you can get the Reach Module position in QGIS via TCP as described in this guide for now.

1 Like

Hi Francesco,

I just wanted to let you know that we are still looking into this issue. I’ll reach out to you once there is news.

Hy Kseniia

ths for update in the meantime I’m able to receive data in QGis using the other solutions (via TCP)

thx

Francesco

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Francesco,

We’ve recently released the new version of Flash Tool. It will resolve the issue with the COM ports assignment when connecting your Reach to a Windows computer. Flasher will install the necessary drivers that help to work with COM ports. Please update your current version to the latest one.

If the tool is not installed on your computer, you can download it from this guide.