Can't get 30 Beta 1 update for Reach M2

on my M2 receiver with SN 824390737E15A698 I can’t OTA update to beta version. I am subscribed to beta updates, but as much as I search or check the updates, it appears that the current version is 29.2 and that it is up to date. I want to install this new version because I have my M2 receiver configured as a cors reference station and I have an RS2 as a rover and a stonex s850a also as a rover, both work through NTRIP, but the stonex receiver loses fix from my M2 base continuously while RS2 maintains a stable fix solution… I hope this update improves compatibility… Your help please. What do I have to do to install this update? Thank you.

Hi Edmundo,

Have you enabled Beta updates? For this, you need to go to Firmware updates , tap Beta Updates and enable Beta updates. Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Yes, it was the first thing I did. Beta updates are indeed activated. And I am subscribed. I have checked several times to be sure. I even reboot my receiver, turn it off and back on and nothing. I check and look for updates and nothing. It tells me it’s up to date… I can’t receive and install beta ota updates… I want to test the new features and see if it fixes the compatibility issue with my stonex rover… Your help please. What do I have to do.

Hi Edmundo,

I also had some trouble getting my RS2s to recognize the beta update. What ended up working was using the web interface (find your M2 IP address using the emlid app, then put that address in a web browser on the same network.) then go to firmware updates. On one of my receivers I had to have it recheck for an update a lot of times before it reported it was available.

1 Like

Hi Edmundo,

Ah, I see. That’s quite strange, indeed. Can you please share the Full system report from your M2 so we could check what went wrong? This will help us to understand how to solve the issue for you. Please send the report to support@emlid.com, I’ll take your email.

1 Like

Ok, I just sent the full system report. your help please. I want and need to test this update and see if it improves the stability of the fix on non emlid receivers like my stonex s850a. Thank you.

hello, thank you very much for your answer… but no, that’s not the problem. As I mentioned before, I have this m2 configured as cors and only access it from my pc through the web interface, I also tried reachview app but it doesn’t work at all.

I don’t know if in the complete system report that I just sent to the support email and to your email you can see that today I did a complete reset and with the Reach Firmware Flash Tool I reinstalled the latest software. and nothing, still no beta updates and I can not install update 30

Hi Edmundo,

I’ve received the report, thanks! I’ll check it and get back to you with the news.

Hello. I wanted to ask you an additional question since I have a concern. I currently have two m2 receivers and one rs2. and I would like my devices to be fully updated and working in the best possible way. I know that the gnss board you use is u-blox, and the firmware of this u-blox F9 high precision GNSS module has been updated. If I’m not mistaken, emlid is working with gnss version HPG-1.13 but u-blox released this year a firmware update, version HPG-1.32 with some improvements. My question and the help I need from you is that you tell me and help me to update the firmware of the u-blox gnss to the latest version, in the same way the reachview to the latest version… is this possible? and how could I update my RS2 and my M2 to these latest versions.

1 Like

Hi Edmundo,

The updates of the internal components firmware are agreed with the whole system. Our devs are making sure we have the leading changes implemented considering that they fit into the internal structure well. Keeping our receivers up to date with the latest stable release of Reach Firmware is the best way to ensure you’re getting the most recent fixes and improvements.

Beta releases reveal access to some of the newer changes before they are injected into the stable release. This is a place where you can try out those implementations. The issue you mentioned about the difficulties with the integration of 3d-party receivers was improved in 30 Beta 1. So it’s the perfect way to check if it helps your setup.

I’m currently checking with the devs about what could cause your M2 not to receive the Beta updates. Once we’ll find it out, I’ll get back to you with the solution.

A little off the topic but I am dealing with lack of corrections with an M2 and 30 beta 1. Just to reference like setups…

Hi emlid (@liudmila.slepova). Maybe they have some solution? Any news?.. I need help installing this v30 update on my m2 to try to improve compatibility with my rovers! Among other benefits… Please. Your help!!

Hi Edmundo,

We’ve checked everything and couldn’t find any issues from the Reach side that may prevent it from updating to Beta. The servers with firmware updates are also working steadily. I suspect now that it could be related to the Wi-Fi network you’re using. Can you please connect Reach M2 to another network at least to check if it sees the Beta update? It could be your mobile phone hotspot or any other available Wi-Fi network.

Are there any issues with updating your RS2 to Beta as well?

1 Like

Thanks a lot. your suggestion worked. I was able to install the v30 update. Now it’s my turn to test its improvements in the field. Any news or concern I will post and comment to help the community. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

although something strange happened to me… my receiver M2 was connected to the WiFi of my house, so I connected it to the hotspot of my smartphone. Basically I changed the network to which the m2 was connected, and there it was able to find the update. but when the update download was about to start, I changed the network and reconnected the receiver to my home Wi-Fi. and everything was downloaded without problems, it installed apparently normally… but I got the message that the v29 update had been installed and I needed to reboot… I rebooted my M2 receiver and boom, it’s in v30… my question and My concern is if there will be a problem or if the update was not installed correctly because I changed the wifi network and the update was downloaded from the network that did not find beta updates? … apparently it is working normally without any problem

Hi Edmundo,

Glad to hear it helped!

I’ve checked the reports you shared with me in the email. It shows that the update server became available at some point. It looks like it happened when you switched from one network to another. I see that 30 Beta 1 was installed successfully. So it should work correctly.