Can't connect to UART telemetry , receiving garbage on putty

a) SIK radios have limited range. If you are just after 100m or so then yes, could be used.
b) Sik radios are only useful for telemetry or other more basic form of communication. - Hence not suitable for video.
c) By default any SIK radio you connect is “taken over” by the system in assumption that it will be used for telemetry and basic connection. If you wanted to use one of them for something else you would have to specifically assign that port I.e. USB for that purpose. - Something you would have to do within Rpi.
d) Careful what software you add. - Navio2 has its own specially modified firmware to run in real time. This is an achievement only accomplishment in the past 6 years or so. If you mess around by adding all sorts of software it can affect processing speed and hence the ability to sufficiently control your drone.
e) As mentioned in earlier post: More transmitters = more possible interference with other close signals like telemetry. Especially when using two SIK radios working on same base frequency ,…bad idea.

In regards to 4G connection there is only limited information out there.
Hence I’ve written my own instructions and have listed those somewhere on this Forum. Have look at below post or do a search for 4g information on here. If necessary I can dig that info out.

1 Like