The android version is 10. I have attached a screenshot with more details.
The firmware on the reach is the latest, stable release.
I’m not talking about disconnection, I’m not able to connect at all. So its not first connect, the disconnect, its not connect right from the start.
Meanwhile I have discovered a few issues:
With the base station sharing the internet connection, its even harder to connect.
With the receiver not sharing the internet, its even more complicated. If, I enable mobile data on my phone, and I connect to the receiver, my phone will try to get data from my mobile data, even while connected to the receiver.
So, the only way to work somewhat reliable with the receiver i have to do the following:
Close all apps on my phone.
Close mobile data
Connect to the receiver, using Reachview or my browser
Download the files.
Rechview3 is very unstable, keeps on crashing and even if I close the application, it seems to do something in the background and continue to hang.
This behavior is quite unusual. Let’s investigate why this happens.
It’s true that you need to turn off the mobile data on some Android devices when connecting to Reach’s hotspot. It’s a limitation of the Android system usage which is present when you’re working with both ReachView 2 and ReachView 3. However, if the mobile data is turned off on your smartphone, the connection should be smooth.
May I ask you if the issue remains when you connect the receiver to the hotspot of your smartphone? Is it still difficult to connect to the receivers when they’re connected to the external Wi-Fi network?
Could you please specify if you’re using the latest update of the ReachView 3 app? It’s the 5.5 version.
We’re definitely checking this up with the devs. However, as we’ve never encountered this issue before, we’re trying to collect all of the information that would allow us to draw conclusions. So it’d be helpful if you could specify whether the behavior stays the same while you’re using different networks.
We’re currently checking what could be the issue here. However, so far, we’ve been unable to reproduce the issues you’ve reported.
That’s why it’s crucial for us to collect all of the information so that we don’t misunderstand each other. Please share the screen recording of the issue with me so that we can determine what kind of error you’re getting.
Please specify whether both of ReachView app and Reach Firmware are on the latest versions: it’s 5.9 and 26 correspondingly. It’s important for us to double-check this as we’re constantly updating our apps and firmware so that it can work better.
Also, it’d be helpful if you specified whether the connection issues remain when you connect Reach to any other external Wi-Fi network, like the hotspot of your device or your home Wi-Fi. This will show us whether the issues are tied with the network type or the ReachView connection.
I’m currently on another mission which is very urgent and important. From May 5th onwards, I will most likely be able to answer your requests. I’m sorry for that, but I really don’t have time right now.