Can RS2 static measurement be affected by high Voltage powerlines?

Hi folks,

We recently carried out a LiDAR mission using the RS2 to collect Rinex data.

When post processing the trajectory we didn’t gett FIX at all and had to use Rinex data from a reference station from the Public Mapping Authorities in order to achieve FIX solution.

Is it possible (for a fact) that the RS2 can/have been affected by the high voltage transmission lines nearby?

Thanks in advance for any qualified answers :slight_smile:

Hi Martin,

Yeah, the high voltage lines usually affect the signal reception badly, so it can be a case. You can send the raw data from both base and rover to us via support@emlid.com so that we can take a look and give you more detail on observations quality.

Hi Martin,
According to the documentation Yes it can be affected ‘Electronic devices may produce RF noise that could affect the reception of the GNSS signal. Keep all electronics as far as possible from Reach’.

Thanks, just getting started with this so I appreciate the help :+1:

Will send the raw data to support Tatiana.

1 Like

It’s totally okay not to know something and ask questions, that’s why we are here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just out curiousity, would you be able to either make the obs file available here, or send it to me for analysis?
It would be cool to see if the troubles can be seen using RTKplot and the charts and graphs it provides.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a good idea to share the file.

It’s necessary to make a QC to observation file.
I use BKG Ntrip Client (BNC) for plot.

Hi guys,

I can share the Rinex file if you guys are able to analyze it for errors or deviations.

Please do!

Unfortunately it seems like new users can’t upload attachments.

I’ll try to share a OneDrive link.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.