Can Reach both recording raw data and output ERB simultaneously?

I’m interested in replacing the 3DR Solo stock GPS with Reach. My intention is to provide Solo with navigation-grade position (2m-5m accuracy) while recording raw GPS data for post-processing. I have some concerns though:

1. The integration site said that “It is recommended to use Reach as a second GPS unit only.”. Could someone explain more? Reach is not reliable?
  2. Can Reach both recording raw data and output ERB simultaneously?
  3. I’m totally NOT interested in sending base correction to Reach, could it output data format that the current Pixhawk firmware will understand?
    Thanks.

We recommend to have a dual GPS setup for backup.

Yes.

Yes, you can output data in ERB format and Pixhawk will understand it.

I flew the Solo many times with Reach (recording raw data) during last month. A good thing is that I do get fixed solution post-processing.
Today, finally I flew the 3DR Solo using only Reach as both navigation GPS and recording raw data. The Pixhawk in the Solo did not recognize ERB, have to output NMEA. After taking off and go to the first waypoints, it lost GPS signal and almost fly-away (well, broke all props, battery damage, etc., but fixable). The post-processing data still give fixed solution during the “lost GPS” time anyway.