Can Navio2 be interfaced with RPi4 without emlid os on RPi to get the sensor information

Hello all,

I have Navio2 and I want to interface it with my RPi4. My task is to get the sensor data such as accelerations, gravity, magnetometer, barometer data. I have gone through the docs of navio2 and understand that I can get these data following the documentation (Navio2 for developers).

My question is β€œIs it necessary to install emlid os on my RPi4 in order to get the sensor information or I can get the sensor information if Raspbian OS is installed on RPi4” .

I request the community to kindly clarify my question.

Thanks,
Lazy12316

Hi @Lazy12316

You will need to use an Emlid Raspbian image since the access to the sensors is only possible via a pre-configured RCIO tool from our image.

However, you can customize the Navio2 image with a pi-gen tool to use only the essential parts of the Emlid Raspbian, e.g. build it without Ardupilot.

Thank you @artem.fomenko for your reply :innocent:.
I will go ahead and install Emlid Raspbian. Would comeback if I face some issues.

Thank You,
Lazy12316

1 Like

Why not follow GitHub - emlid/rcio-dkms
to get the rcio tool without using emlid image?

Navio 2 was sold to me advertising the fact that the full software stack was open source and I could even use whatever image I wanted.

Hi Bernard,

You can build the Raspbian kernel from this repo and RCIO from this one on your own. The pi-gen tool is available too. The full software stack is provided in our GitHub repo.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.