Camera photo geo stamps from manual photo

Hello,

I just want to take geo tagged photos with my camera. I have a reach M+ and also a RS as a BASE.

My idea is to use hotshoe connected to M+ and get the time marks event file…

For some reason I was not able to get the mark file… I looged both reach M+ and BASE in raw Rinex 3.03 format but I’m stuck trying to get the mark file.

I have read the doc help file but it seems that something is missing.

You probably missed the part of the docs on “post processing”!? You need to postprocess the raw data to get the timemarks.

What dou you want to do with the pictures?

2 Likes

Hi Juan,

Please, follow this guide to post-process base and rover raw data logs. After PPK, you’ll get *_events file which contains timestamps you had during your flight.

1 Like

Hello, I followed the procedure as described. Only thing is that I just directly log in rinex 3.03 format… then I downloaded the rinex file.

I have several questions.

1. It is necessary to do a PPK correction with 2 GPS to get the event mark files? Is it possible just for testing purposes to use only one GPS, save rinex logs, and get the mark event files? I did this with no success.

2. I also tried with PPK correcting with two GPS’s with no sucess.

Hi Juan,

It is necessary to do a PPK correction with 2 GPS to get the event mark files? Is it possible just for testing purposes to use only one GPS, save rinex logs, and get the mark event files? I did this with no success.

You can process raw data logs in Single mode and get events file. You can choose Positioning mode: Single in the RTKPost options. Please note, the accuracy of Single solution is a few meters.

I also tried with PPK correcting with two GPS’s with no sucess.

Could you please elaborate more on this? Did you get *_events file in the output folder after post-processing?

Hello Gleb,

I kindly asked you to check my screenshots and my Log data. This is a Reach M+ running alone with an original reach hotshoe connected to C1 , running single mode, without corrections, I triggered my camera few times and also I tried to short circuit the hotshoe connector with a 300ohm resistor couple of times also (in case camera hotshoe is not woriking.

No events recorded… =(

I dont know why… if this is a post processing problem or an Implementation problem…

Testing.zip (2.0 MB)

I didnt get the event file at all, the event file is not being generated.

Finally I found the error!!! I started to read again all manual from begining and I realize that I was using a RTKLIB for Reach RS2 instead to RTKLIB for Reach M+.

=)

I ran again RTKOST for reach m+ and the event file was generated!!!

Thanks for your support!!!:smiley:

2 Likes

Finally I have done a small carton box for testing to put inside battery, reach M and a 915mhz radio. So it would be possible to perform RTK and PPK.

GPS antenna is mounted in a metal grounded plate above photographer head.

Will see how it works…

2 Likes

Hi Juan,

It’d be nice to see the results of your tests!

Keep us posted :slightly_smiling_face:

Cool, you are using the Ricoh I wanted to buy. How do you trigger it? Can you post example images?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.