Bluetooth Connection Problem

I think there is a problem with bluetooth connection when output is LLH Format.

Until there is no position, like in the picture:

there will be no transfer on bluetooth… when we use the NMEA Format, is working.

When we use bluetooth connection there must always be a postion output, also when Reach RS has no position right now. So that our app know about the state, currently it’s like a disconnection, when reach rs has no valid position data.

Can you please fix it for LLH format.

Alternativ you could add a NMEA output with the missing datas for RTK: ratio, time, basedistance, that would be a better solution for us.

using version: v2.16.1

Hi @elmid,

LLH and NMEA formats have its own specified structure. NMEA can be outputted without any position data as it has messages names which are always present in its stream. As for the LLH, there’re no such parameters and it can’t be streamed without coordinates.

What app do you use?

also with LLH you could stream simply 0.0 0.0 points, when there are no valid position.
for example:
LLH: 2018/12/21 11:51:15.600 0.0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.00 0.0

our own developed app

Hi @elmid,

Quite an interesting suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks.

Hi @elmid,

Just want to clarify, that theoretically, it’s wrong to use 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 position when there’s no valid position.
As 0.0 0.0 0.0 is a real coordinate on the surface this can lead to issues with the positioning of the system.

I’d recommend you to use NMEA output if it’s vital for your project to have data input while no valid position available.

Thanks.

but not when all values are set to zero:
LLH: 2018/12/21 11:51:15.600 0.0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.00 0.0

because Number of satellites of 0 is not a real thing :wink: or you could use the Navigation Status (Q=1:fix,2:float,3:sbas,4:dgps,5:single,6:ppp) with zero for none valid position…it would be very nice to implement that, because the workaround with NMEA has missing information like: Age of differential corrections and ar ratio.

it would be also possible to simply add a new NMEA Tag where the missing information are containing.

Hi @elmid,

I think I was unclear in my previous message. Just wanted to say that it’s not right to use custom LLH message type in Reach as it creates a false impression that the device is working normally and has a valid position. That, in turn, can lead to issues in the operation of 3rd-party devices and software.

However, thanks for the ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

so what is you solution for our problem:

1. we need a output of: Age of differential corrections and ar ratio.
  2. a continuous output stream, also when there is no valid position

you could simply add an option in your app, so that everybody can make their own decision and no 3rd-party software will be affected.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.