Base station workflow

Hi team

I need your help to understand if the approach is correct
I placed the REACHRS2 in a fixed place as base station for an intensive mobile mapping survey.
So to use the data from reach I need to calculate the exact coordinates of my base so I used the long observation (approx 11 hours) then I downloaded the data from a CORS and I calculated the coordinates of my base. After I will enter this coords to post process the trajectory of my car
is this approach correct ? How can be sure about the quality of the coords of my base station ?

thx

Francesco

2 Likes

In short, you have only your length of observation and length of baseline to make sure you are within an acceptable limit (likely 5-10 cm of elevation) in the absolute space. It really comes down to your baseline. If more than 40-50 km, you need days of observation to be sure (under 5 cm elevation).

The best way is to have multiple CORS stations to process the base observation from , create CORS1-Base-CORS2 (etc) loops to verify, and use a postprocessor that can do Least Square Adjustments (like Onpoz Ezsurv or the like). With this approach you can get down to 0.5-2 cm of assurance using 7-14 days of 24h obs)

4 Likes

Hi Christian,

thx for reply.

Is it posssible to have the baseline length in emlid studio instead of calculate ?

thx

Francesco

I don’t think I know you mean, can you rephrase?
The baseline length is displayed in Emlid Studio after postprocessing is complete.

1 Like

Hi
I imagined that there was but I can’t see
I see only the point postprocessed

what I missed ?

thx

You have the baseline length in the lower info-bar, saying 11.7 km.

2 Likes

Hi
thx
I thought you could also see it on the map

Hi Francesco,

The approach is correct. But Christian is right, you should pay attention to the baseline. And with 11.7 km, the results should be with precision around 2-3 centimeters. I’d say it’s quite good.

Emlid Studio doesn’t show you the line between base and rover, but it can show you the base point if you type on the B button on the right side.

2 Likes