Base stability

Hello

I got a pair of Reach RS2. I intend one to be a permanent base connected to RTK2GO.com. The base is connected with a SIM using the build in mobile data. It is also connected to power so it will not run out.

This works fine except it appears it will stay up for at most a day. When I come here in the morning it will simply be off. I am not sure if it crashes during the night or if there is some setting that makes it power off. The battery is at full charge, so it would not be because it ran out of power.

I am running the latest stable release.

Any thoughts on this? It is not super critical at this moment as the base is in an easy to reach location, so I will simply turn it back on. But annoying none the less. Also I was thinking of building a public network of bases with rtk2go but not feasible if the bases are not stable.

Regards

Baldur

There is no external power option. All power connections are only for charging. So your device runs out of battery, shut down and will then start charging.

I think there is another thread in the forum mentioning this behavior.

this is not true

My units charge just fine when running?

Ok, I read this one and thought that is the problem.

could it be that the power went out for a few seconds because if you have the external power setting on so when power is removed it will shut down

Are you charging through usb or rs232 bottom connector , this would be the setting if using bottom connector

I now have had this running for two weeks or so. The base has not ended up in the “shutdown” state since I wrote the initial post here, but it has rebooted a few times. The longest it has stayed up was about 4 days before reboot.

You can follow the base here:

http://69.75.31.235:2101/SNIP::MOUNTPT?NAME=GlostrupDK

I believe my setup is correct. But either the firmware or the hardware has a stability problem. It is neither particular warm or cold around here at this time of the year.

Hi @baldur.norddahl,

Sorry for such a delayed response!

If the issue with Reach shutting down abruptly still persists, would it be possible for you to send me in PM the Full System report generated on the device? Check this docs entry to learn how to do it.

It’ll allow me to investigate why this happens.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.