Base information in UBX

Hello !

When I set my base RS2 and RS2+ and record RINEX + UBX, I indicate the base name and the antenna height, then at the office sometime I need to convert UBX into Rinex with Emlid studio, but when I do it, all the base name information and antenna height aren’t present. I only have the full information in the original rinex but not in the UBX.
So is it normal or is it a bug that the UBX don’t contains any information on receiver type, antenna height and base name ?

Regards,
Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

Information about the antenna height and name can be saved only to the RINEX files. For the UBX file, it can’t be recorded.

Why do you need UBX files in general? Do you use them as back up data? I’d say that for most of the workflows, recording the data directly in RINEX is the easiest option. It won’t require additional conversion afterward.

Hi Julia,

It’s because on our last project I found that RINEX 3.04 was not correctly recognized by Trimble Business Center (impossible to import). We always save the UBX as a backup. So the solution I’ve found is to convert the UBX to RINEX 3.03 so that the import can take place.
However, the UBX doesn’t include the name, height and antenna model information, which is particularly annoying when you have 20 sessions to calculate on 10 different bases. Fortunately, we systematically take note of this information on paper.
So, is it normal that the UBX doesn’t take this information?

Arnaud

Arnaud,

Oh, I see. Yes, it’s normal for the UBX file. However, what about recording the logs directly in RINEX 3.03? This way, you won’t need conversion after recording the data, and antenna height + name will be saved to it.

You can configure it in the Logging settings. Would it work for you?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what we’re doing now, but at the time of the project we didn’t know it, which is why we raised it to 3.04 instead of 3.03.

Arnaud

1 Like

Arnaud,

Got it! And does it work fine with 3.03 RINEX directly from Reach? All good?

Yes, all is good, thank you

1 Like