Background maps in Emlid Studio?

Is it possible to show background maps or aerial photos in Emlid Studio? If not it would be a desirable feature.

It would be good to be able to download maps from webservers or to upload your own map as a Geotiff shp or dwg file.

Thanks

1 Like

This is not possible in Emlid Studio as far as I know. I guess for now you could import your pos file in QGIS and use the features you mentioned in this software.

Hi @hydrokiwi,

Agree with Florian. I just wanted to add that I’ve passed the idea to the team. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Florian:

Yes, I currently import the pos file to Global Mapper as a point file and overlay it on aerial photography and maps there. I could do the same in QGIS, however, either way it is a workaround which takes time.

Overlaying the results of a survey on georegistered maps or aerial photography helps me to identify where the points are on the ground as part of quality control checks of the solution.

So it would be great to be able to upload maps to both Studio and Reachview 3. In many cases where I am out at remote sites there is little detail on the Open Streetmap in RV3.

Cheers
John

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing more details about your current workflow and why this feature is important for you. It’s always helpful to have more context when we’re looking into a request.

So it would be great to be able to upload maps to both Studio and Reachview 3. In many cases where I am out at remote sites there is little detail on the Open Streetmap in RV3.

Support of different backgrounds is already in our ReachView 3 roadmap. Stay tuned!

+1 for background maps in Emlid Studio, particularly including geotiff.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Wombo,

Thanks, noted!