AusCORS Base Station data - PPK Processing Process

Hi Emlid community,

I’m trying to source base station observation data from GeoScience Australia Data and Site Logs and I don’t understand the file naming convention of the source data. There is no explanation that explains the naming and its difficult to locate the exact timeframe for my observation data.

I understand the first part is the base station location name i.e. ABMF00GLP0 = Les-Abymes but what is the following in the filename _R_20220180000_01H_30S_MO.crx.gz

Any explanation or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Hi @trickyflix,

I found the following:

• 20220180000 is the start date and time. 08.01.2022 at 00:00
  • 01H is the log duration. This log lasts 1 hour
  • 30S is the interval. Observations are recorded every 30 seconds

MO probably means that the archive contains meteorological and observation data. And the only thing I couldn’t find was R at the beginning. Maybe AurCORS support can help with this one.

Hi Svetlana,
Thanks for the explanation! I’ve tried to reach out to their support but never heard a reply so your help and reply is appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi Svetlana,

Again im confused by the reference files. Im trying to source the observation data for CLYT00AUS0 - Clayton (VIC) for 24 March.

Yet in the source folders from yesterday, i find there is no CLYT00AUS0 available and according to the naming convention the files are _20220830300.

So the naming convention does not apply as it cant be from 30 August 0300?

Please can you help me locate the observation data for CLYT00AUS0 - Clayton (VIC) for 24 March?

Hi,

Logs from the future :sweat_smile:

I’ve never done this before, but I can try, at least. Please share the link to the website where you download the data.

go to this site and search for clayton and the data is available : https://gnss.ga.gov.au/network

Processing: GNSS Network Portal.pdf…

THE DATA IS COMPRESSED IN A ZIP FILE . ALSO NOTE THIS FROM THE SITE
All RINEX data is stored in gzip format; all observation data is also Hatanaka compressed.
SO TO GET RINEX FILES YOU NEED TO CONVERT THE CRX FILES USING CRX2RNX
REGARDS

1 Like

Hi Alan,

Many thanks for the reply and info. This is exactly what i was looking for… i also located the correct source via https://data.gnss.ga.gov.au/

Appreciate the assistance!!

Hi Alan,

Thanks from me too :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll note it.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT DATA FROM AUSCORS IS NOT AVAILABLE TILL ABOUT 15 HOURS LATER (OR THEREABOUTS SOMETIMES LONGER).
REGARDS .

Summary

This text will be hidden

THAT IS CORRECT ALSO.

Summary

This text will be hidden

Thanks for these notes!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.