AusCORS Base Station data - PPK Processing Process

Hi Emlid community,

I’m trying to source base station observation data from GeoScience Australia Data and Site Logs and I don’t understand the file naming convention of the source data. There is no explanation that explains the naming and its difficult to locate the exact timeframe for my observation data.

I understand the first part is the base station location name i.e. ABMF00GLP0 = Les-Abymes but what is the following in the filename _R_20220180000_01H_30S_MO.crx.gz

Any explanation or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Hi @trickyflix,

I found the following:

• 20220180000 is the start date and time. 08.01.2022 at 00:00
  • 01H is the log duration. This log lasts 1 hour
  • 30S is the interval. Observations are recorded every 30 seconds

MO probably means that the archive contains meteorological and observation data. And the only thing I couldn’t find was R at the beginning. Maybe AurCORS support can help with this one.

Hi Svetlana,
Thanks for the explanation! I’ve tried to reach out to their support but never heard a reply so your help and reply is appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi Svetlana,

Again im confused by the reference files. Im trying to source the observation data for CLYT00AUS0 - Clayton (VIC) for 24 March.

Yet in the source folders from yesterday, i find there is no CLYT00AUS0 available and according to the naming convention the files are _20220830300.

So the naming convention does not apply as it cant be from 30 August 0300?

Please can you help me locate the observation data for CLYT00AUS0 - Clayton (VIC) for 24 March?

Hi,

Logs from the future :sweat_smile:

I’ve never done this before, but I can try, at least. Please share the link to the website where you download the data.

go to this site and search for clayton and the data is available : GNSS Network Portal

Processing: GNSS Network Portal.pdf…

THE DATA IS COMPRESSED IN A ZIP FILE . ALSO NOTE THIS FROM THE SITE
All RINEX data is stored in gzip format; all observation data is also Hatanaka compressed.
SO TO GET RINEX FILES YOU NEED TO CONVERT THE CRX FILES USING CRX2RNX
REGARDS

1 Like

Hi Alan,

Many thanks for the reply and info. This is exactly what i was looking for… i also located the correct source via https://data.gnss.ga.gov.au/

Appreciate the assistance!!

Hi Alan,

Thanks from me too :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll note it.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT DATA FROM AUSCORS IS NOT AVAILABLE TILL ABOUT 15 HOURS LATER (OR THEREABOUTS SOMETIMES LONGER).
REGARDS .

Summary

This text will be hidden

THAT IS CORRECT ALSO.

Summary

This text will be hidden

Thanks for these notes!