Arming the Navio2

Yes, Sebastian is correct.
Been years that I’ve used a NiCd or NiMh Battery and was thinking even a high discharge NiMh Battery might struggle with the huge current requirements in a drone.

3S LiPO Battery is the most widely used battery out there as most ESC’s and motors available are made for that voltage / current range.

In regards to weight you may have to check if with the supplier of your frame or kit what the recommended total take off weight is / should be. You can then check the weight of your current drone without the battery and calculate how much weight you have left available for the battery. Or some manufacturers do actually recommend the maximum weight for a battery.

I had a similar size drone once and was using a 3S LiPo Battery with 2500 mAh capacity. But this may already be on the heavy side if you want to use the drone for fast flights / racing.

@schuermannsebastian @anon31534460

thanks a lot for your support.

regards to the weight, I don’t care because it’s a project not for fast flights/racing. However, if its effects on flying I will go to your recommendations.

@anon31534460 I didn’t find 2500mAh, Can I go for 2800mAh 3S because of shipping.

Hello All,

the same issues happen to me I changed the battery to Lipo 3S. the motors spending however it does not take off, I double check fan direction spends and it’s correct direction.

Hi @Nasser,

Did I get correctly that the drone takes off in that case?

Hi @svetlana.nikolenko,

No, it is not :sleepy:

Hi @Nasser,

Could you clarify which exact ESCs do you use?

Hello @svetlana.nikolenko,

30A Brushless ESC

Like this.

Hi,

Thanks! Do you know which communication protocol they use? Ardupilot supports several communication protocols. However, Navio2 can work with Normal (standard PWM 1000uS - 2000uS pulse widths) ESCs only.

Hi,

How can I know? because I am new in this field.
I am using FS-iA6B as an receiver, PPM Encoder which I contact this through the receiver and Navio2. If its this what you ask for.

Can also explain to me this and provide me a photo examples pls.

Hi,

Do you know the exact model of your ESCs?

They may look similar. ESCs using OneShot or DShot protocol faster than Standard PWM ones. However, they have specific requirements regarding PWM output that Navio2 doesn’t meet for now.

Hello again,

regard the model it didn’t come with the ESCs unfortunately. However, Know only its 30A ESCs.
there is no other way to know the model in the mission planner?

@svetlana.nikolenko
I found this information,

1. Output capacity: continuous current 30A, short-term current 40A (not less than 10 seconds);
  2. Power input: 5.6V-16.8V (2-3 lithium battery packs or 5-12 nickel-metal hydride/nickel-cadmium battery packs);
  3. BEC output: linear voltage regulation mode, 2A
  4. High rotation speed: 210,000 rpm for 2-pole motor, 70,000 rpm for 6-pole motor, 35,000 rpm for 12-pole motor;

thanks,

Hi @Nasser,

It seems there is no other way to check ESCs type in Mission Planner. Let’s check some other possible reasons. I’ve also thought that setting the motor range could help. Could you please go through this guide from Ardupilot docs?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.