ArduPlane setup fail, I am missing something... novice

Loaded Linux then…
(I retyped this best I could)

pi@navio-rpi ~ $ git clone https://github.com/emlid/argupilot.git
Cloning into ‘ardupilot’ . . .
remote: Counting objects: 120360, done.
remote: Compressing obdects: 100% (2/2), done.
remote: Total120360 (delta 2), reused 2 (delta 2), packed-reused 120356
Receiving objects: 100% (120360/120360), done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (85071/85071), done.
pi@navio-rpi ~ $ cd ardupilot/ArduPlane
pi@navio-rpi "/arduardupilot.Arduplane $ make navio
// BUILDROOT=/tmp/ArduPlane.build HAL_BOARD=HAL_BOARD_LINUX HAL_BOARD_SUBTYPE=HALBOARD_SUBTYPE_LINUX_NAVIO TOOLCHAIN=RPI EXTRAFLAGS=DGIT_VERSION="fd17a69c…
%%Paramaters.o
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-std=gnu==11’
…/mk/build_rules.mk:11: recipe for target ‘/tmp/ArduPlane.build/Parameters.o’ failed
make: *** [/tmp/Arduplane.build/Parameters.o] Error 1
pi@navio-rpi ~/ardupilot/ArduPlane $ cd
pi@navio-rpi ~ /ardupilot $ cd ardupilot
pi@navio-rpi ~/ardupilot $ git checkout navio
Branch navio set up to track remote branch navio from origin.
Switched to a new branch ‘navio’
pi@navio-rpi ~/ardupilot $ cd
pi@navio-rpi ~ $ cd ardupilot/ArduPlane
pi@navio-rpi ~/ardupilot/ArduPlane $ make configure
…/mk/configure.mk2: Warning - A /home/pi/ardupilot.config.mk file has been written
…/mk/configure.mk2: Please edit the file to match your system configuration, if you use a different board or port
pi@navio-rpi ~/ardupilot/ArduPlane $ make navio
//BUILDROOT=/tmp/ArduPlane.build HAL_BOARD…
building /tmp/ArduPlane/.build/Arduplane.cpp
%%ArduPlane.cpp
%%AeduPlane.o
autogenerated :102:14 : warning: ‘void Log_WriteMode(uint8_t)’ declared ‘static’ but never defined [-Wunused-function]
autogenerated :202:14 : warning: ‘bool create_miver_file(const char*)’ declared ‘static’ but never defined [-Wunused-function]
autogenerated :203:14 : warning: ’ bool setup_failsafe_mixing()’ declared ‘static’ but never defined [-Wunused-function]
%% libareries…// it builds lots of libraries at this point//
Building /tmp/ArduPlane.build/Arduplane.elf
%% ArduPlane.elf
Firmware is in Arduplane.elf
pi@navio~rpi "/ardupilot/ArduPlane $

ArduPlane will not launch after much tinkering, any suggestions? :confused:

Justin

@Maingear

Hello! Could you please define “not launching”? As I see from the log, you built the code successfully. After that you can launch the binary which is in the exact same directory. For example you can run it like that ./Arduplane.elf. I suggest you read the doc entry about crosscompiling. This is way faster.

I type commands like - sudo ArduPlane -C /dev/ttyAMA0 trying to look for the system in mission planner…
But it sounds like there is a step(s) I am missing.

I will go back and study crosscompiling.

Justin

@Maingear

You need to type sudo ./ArduPlane.elf -C /dev/ttyAMA0 because the binary you’re trying to launch is in the same directory you’d been compiling in. ./ stands for current directory. On Linux you can’t launch a binary in the current directory without prepending it with ./. There are some security reasons for it you can read up, for example, here.

The instructions that you’d been following haven’t worked out because they assume that you had installed APM from a .deb package. When you type ArduPlane and hit enter the system will try to find the binary in the directories specified by PATH environment variable.

I hope, it’s a little bit clearer now.

ArduPlane is running, and Navio + has come to life!

Thank you for your help,

Justin