Archer2/RS3 Bluetooth Compatibility

Is Reach RS3 compatible with an Archer2 unit via Bluetooth? I’ve seen previous threads for RS2/RX connections with Archer2 units, and how a software fix was eventually released (2017 I believe).

1. Latest firmware/Emlid flow versions
  2. I have been able to get the devices to show that they recognize each other, and they show as connected, but they are not communicating. I have to manually press Connect on the Archer2, and then I get an error message that they failed to communicate. I have ensured that the passcode is correct for the RS3. Are the two simply too far apart in technology/firmware/software?

Thanks

Hi @TW_JonesCtr,

I don’t see reasons why the integration won’t work. Please ensure that the streaming output in Emlid Flow is set to bluetooth as below. We also have this guide about configuring Bluetooth connection in Emlid Flow.

Could you tell me more about your setup to understand this case better?

The position streaming settings are correct and set to that. It connects to Emlid Flow on my phone just fine.

The devices both show that they have been paired, but when I attempt to connect them on the Archer unit, it states that either the connection failed or the passcode is incorrect (I have entered the correct passcode at an earlier prompt that automatically uses it when attempting to connect). It does not let me attempt to connect from the Archer unless I have selected a box that allows for using a “Serial Port” for the RS3. The Archer has a USB port. Is a cabled connection feasible with the RS3?

Yes! It’s actually possible to stream NMEA messages from the Reach using Serial. You can use a USB cable connection here. Plug the USB-C into the Reach and plug the other end into the other device.

Hi,
The device is now asking for a USB driver name to input so that it can install the RS3’s driver. Is there a specific name for this?
Thanks

The device is now asking for a USB driver name to input so that it can install the RS3’s driver. Is there a specific name for this?

Hi Tanner, could you send the photo of this? Is there any option available?

the passcode is incorrect (I have entered the correct passcode at an earlier prompt that automatically uses it when attempting to connect).

Back to this, did you put the Archer2 password for this? I wonder if it might be asked for a Reach password. Our default password is emlidreach, you can also check it in the Reach Panel.

1 Like

Hi, I will upload photos of each issue. First is the USB driver prompt. It only allows an input option and does not give choices.

Next are some associated with Bluetooth connection issues. The “BT_connection1” shows that the devices are paired when I use the 123456 passcode (emlidreach did not work even though that is the correct password still). The “BT_fail_prompt” shows what pops up when I try to press “connect” on the Archer unit. “BT_serialport” is an option that has to be checked in order to even attempt to connect the two units. “Advanced_BT_settings” is showing the address and port of the RS3 while it is paired with the Archer unit.

Hi Tanner, thank you for uploading the photos. I’d suggest that we focus on using a Bluetooth connection.

To investigate if the Reach works well with position streaming via Bluetooth. If you have an Android device, could you try streaming its position with Bluetooth and Lefebure?

Please also ensure that the device is set up with good sky visibility.

Yes, I have used position streaming with an Android tablet via the Bluetooth GNSS app. It works very well. Could I possibly need a position streaming app on the Archer unit in order to use the RS3 that way?