App keeps freezing

I had the same issue after updating in 6.12 and got it resolved this way.

I uninstalled the app first, to clear all geoid files from the memory. Then re-installed the app from the Play Store.
Went to Surveys > new > selected the vertical datum first - in my case NGF-IGN69 (RAF20).
The app warned that an extra download was required, which I accepted on clicking the Download button.
Then I selected the coordinates system, by selecting the projection only - in my case EPSG:3949. Some entries set both the projection and the height at the same time. I did select the projection only, as I already set the vertical datum in the previous step.
The app now allows me to collect a point. Clicking on the + sign does not freeze it anymore.

In my case I suspect that, when creating a new project without changing the preset coordinates system, which was good in theory, the app was trying to use the former geoid file but failed at it. The method above forces the app to download a new version of the geoid and somehow, makes it work.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I reread the whole thread and realized that the issue isn’t related to the Global CS at all. Sorry for the confusion, misunderstood the point.

All reports above are about projected coordinates systems in meters. For some reason, the app is freezing. We really want to resolve it but couldn’t reproduce it so far. The following data from you can help us a lot:

• Screencasts showing the issue
  • Your phone models and Android/iOS versions
  • EPSG codes from ReachVIew 3 of coordinate systems you use

@mimflo200013, @vgo195, @ewarner, please share that if possible. If that’s sensitive info, just PM me.

Hello. As you can see here, this is the pop-up message that occurs every time i press the blue (+) to add a measurement in the survey panel. I work with GGRS87/HEPOS coord system and greek geoid height, and mostly with two android phones: A xiaomi redmi note 6 pro (android 8 or 9, i can’t be sure as I don’t possess it at the moment) and a xiaomi redmi note 9T (android 11).

Edit: the pop-up message translates from Greek as " Reachview3 app is not responding"

I am having the exact same issue. I do not have an option for EPSG:7405 only EPSG:2770 + EPSG:5701 which is OSGB1936/British National Grid + ODN height but using this causes the app to crash when attempting to take a measurement.

Guys,

We understood what causes these crashes. Working on a fix right now. Thank you for your help!

I’ll get back with the news shortly.

2 Likes

Hi there,

The fix is released! :tada: Please update the app and let us know if it works for you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.