APM Installation

So, I am a beginner using both Linux and Multirotors. What I am trying to do right now is get my quad working as a pure remote control vehicle before I move into more autonomous systems.

I have tired purely running the APM; however, when I get to the command sudo ArduCopter-quad -A udp:192.168.1.2:14550 my pi doesn’t do anything. I’m not sure if this step takes a while or if my pi is actually frozen. I know the CPU usage during this goes from 1% before I call to around 34%. Does this step just take a while or am I doing something stupid.

Also, I have been trying to build from sources as well, still with no luck. It appears that everything installs fine up through the command, make navio2-quad; however, when I get back to the APM installation page and run, sudo ./arducopter -A udp:192.168.1.2:14550, I just get command not found. Additionally, I am replacing the IP address 192.168.1.2 with my phones IP address a ground control station.

Sorry for the long winded question. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks a lot.

What is the output after you type in the command? How are you connected SSH or monitor+keyboard?

@igor.vereninov

After I type in that command the output is Raspberry Pi 2 with BCM2709!

I am connected via SSH using putty where the pi is directly connected to Ethernet. Here is a screenshot of those commands and where I am replacing the IP address with the one of my phone.

Thanks for getting back with my I really appreciate all the help and can’t wait to fly.

Regarding no output in the console - this is a correct behavior.
APM is running and MAVLink data is being sent to the telemetry channel specified in the -A option.
If you want to keep working in the same terminal add & in the end of the command.