APM crashing on Ubuntu ARM - Segmentation Fault

Hi,
I have problem with my Navio+. ArduPilot quits after
“Raspberry Pi 2 with BCM2709!” on Ubuntu Trusty with exit code 139(Segmentation Fault).

Kernel: Linux 3.18.0-25-rpi2 #26-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 5 06:46:34 UTC 2015 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Here is log: APM - Pastebin.com
And gdb log: GDB - Pastebin.com

Have you any idea why it happents?

I never read about Ubuntu ARM being supported. Ardupilot with Navio needs to be run on Emlids realtime linux image. If you really want to use Ubuntu ARM, you will be mostly on your own.

Needs to be? I didn’t find any mention about that… Do you know any tutorial how to tranfer kernel between two RPi ARM images? I will try to go into it and apply paches from Emlid to Ubuntu kernel.

I will look into it cause I’m curious their’s patch is general speed-up for RPi kernel pseudo-RT or just few mechanisms. Maybie it can also improve my software.

I think it may be problem with HAL layer of APM. I didn’t seen it in .deb or repo. Did they post it or is closed-source?

I hope Emlid contributors would be interested, cause APM interface for ROS can be worth of affort.

The kernel source code is here. Why would you need Ubuntu to run ROS?

Cause on Debian Wheezy I must bulid all packges on my own. There are major issues in some of them.

Few weeks ago I spend like 3 days fixing minor issues in code downloaded by Debian installer - cause it was crashing during compilation. (Especially if you need plot your variables or connectivity graphs). Then I decided to move on Ubuntu ARM and staff that I needed was in apt repo.

Igor, could you look at gdb log? Maybie you will have idea why memset.S is crashing on RC input HAL? You need patched kernel to run APM?

If you are compiling APM master, there was a bug recently that caused this behaviour. It is fixed now.