APM compiles but segfaults

Both waf and Makefile. Compiles without a hitch. Segfaults when run.

Interestingly, software from apm-navio2.deb runs without a problem.

What gives?

Thank you,

AT.

I assume that you are compiling with a cross compiler, If so… could be mismatch on libraries? Are you compiling on the raspberry pi or on a development system?

Dale

Not cross-compiling here. Compiling straight on the Raspberry Pi 3.

Initially I was able to compile and run APM (a week ago maybe) but after latest pulls from git repository I cannot run it. Or maybe after running an apt upgrade…

Tempted to redo the whole thing from the scratch.

Very puzzling.

AT.

When you say git repository, you mean the git ardupilot repository specifically the master branch?

If so, I also had the exact same issue… Compiled fine and ran fine a couple of weeks ago, but now compiled fine but seg faulted. I think it’s something they have incorporated in the last couple of weeks in the master branch. I am cross compiling on a linux development system, so I though it may be due to that… but it seems that is not the case.

I compiled the emlid navio experimental version and it seems to be ok and not affected.

Dale

Can you check which repository was that? I tried the one from the docs.

AT.

You mean this one?

git clone GitHub - ArduPilot/ardupilot: ArduPlane, ArduCopter, ArduRover, ArduSub source

That would be the arducopter repository… That is the one I had issues with recently with the seg fault.

I didn’t have any issues with the Emlid repository though, but it is behind the ardupilot repo.

To get this repo… issue the following command:

git clone -b navio-experimental GitHub - emlid/ardupilot: Emlid's port of ArduPilot for Navio/Navio+/Navio2.

Dale

Thanks!

I’ll give it a shot. Will report back.

AT.

That did work! Specifying the branch is crucial.

Thank you!

AT.