Antenna Height in M2 Survey Project is NOT working

When doing survey project with M2, it did not take antenna height (rover pole height) into consideration on latest stable firmware. This might be another software bug in M2 ReachView. Could you check this issue?

Hi @l3technologycambodia,

We haven’t come across any antenna height issues with our latest stable version. So to double-check if everything is working as expected, we need to understand your workflow fully.

Please elaborate on your RTK setup. Do I understand correctly that you use Reach M2 as a rover and Reach RS2 as a base?

It’d also be great if you could give more details on the issue. Is it so that while collecting a point and specifying the pole height in the Survey tool, your final coordinate still includes the rover pole’s height? Are you comparing the coordinate from the ReachView with the known coordinate?

Just tested again on ReachView 3 and it seems to work fine with this issue.

Great to hear that the ReachView 3 works fine.

In case you face any issues, please provide me with some additional details. May I ask you to specify what units you’ve set up as a rover and a base? Do you have any coordinates for comparison with the ReachView solution? If so, are the coordinates differ on the pole’s height value?

I did some test again on M2 with external antenna with RachView 3 survey but it seems that the height errors are random because sometimes I got the wright Z and sometimes it was wrong just about my rover pole which set to 1.8m. This is potentially a bug. I tested with my CORS not RS2 Base.

May I ask you to provide the Position logs of the same point with and without the error?

Please note that in the Position logs, the rover pole height isn’t applied. So, the height of the same point may differ in the Survey tab and the Position log by a rover pole height value.

Ok, we will do the third time and record that position logs for you.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.