Altitude/barometer not stable

Mission planner shows 150m in altitude, and then -10m, the drone is on the ground without any move, also speed showing 1m/s, I did 3d calibration, compass calibration, what should be done?

Could you list you eq please? Has the drone be on for long?

Rpi3 navio2 dalrc 4in1esc , not powered for long

Ok. I was going to note that as the temperature of the drone rises the elevation reading from the barometer of the drone will drop. This explains a doming effect on the 3D model that sometimes arises on large plots of land.

I don’t think its the heat, any other concern/ tests I should do?

is gps antenna on the top plate can interfere the barometer?

No, the barometer is a standalone pressure-based sensor so the only thing that really affects it is temperature. Signal interference isn’t a concern. I would consider getting the GPS antenna off the plate as that can cause trouble with signal consistency which could explain some position instability.

1 Like

Hi @roishachar,

Is your barometer covered in foam?

No foam, it’s indoor and navio is inside the 2 plates, does it matter?

That doesn’t answer @andrew.yushkevich question?

You were outside when you did the initial testing correct?

I will try with foam and check for differences, that issue is when rebooting on the floor indoor, so I’m wondering what can take affect on the barometer

I was basing my troubleshooting on the DJI aircraft I have used, but I don’t know enough about your platform to speculate further. Perhaps it does use the GPS in the altitude? Everything else I have seen has been a barometer driven elevation, but if it was using GPS being indoors could be it

Hi @roishachar,

Do you have any updates after tests?

I have done a perfect flight test with great stability, but then suddenly the drone lose control and turn left and crash on a tree, the tree was with a lot of leaves, so no physical impact at all.
how can I investigate the log?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=146uqEPcqWFd9Ew5aIzAK2E56DnBps2LK

Hi @roishachar,

I can see only videos on your Google Drive.
Can you share your log, please?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.