Alabama NAD83 meters

Has anyone noticed that there is no option for US Survey Feet in all 4 Alabama NAD83 datums? I could be missing something but I feel as though I have checked and done as much as I know how.

I recently received a survey csv file from the crew and upon importing into Civil 3D realized that the csv was in meters. I asked the crew and they said NAV83 Alabama East + NAVD88 height was selected. I have checked and the Units in this datum are “metre”,1. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I have converted the points so no issues, but I am concerned about future projects in Alabama.

1 Like

Here you go

1 Like

I thought there was another one in the east zone as USFT but I guess not.

Im sure this is same as NAD83(2011). You’ll have to select GEOID12B for your heights. There’s not a GEOID18 available. They are basically the same, except for denser areas of established leveled BM’s (GEOID18).
I would find some passive control marks in your project area to verify though.

1 Like

Hi @cmartini85,

Welcome to our community!

Just wanted to check – does the coordinate system that Bryan suggested work for you?

We haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but I believe it will.

Got it, thanks! It’d be great to know about your experience once you try it out.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.