AHRS_Orientation

Hi, I use to work with pixhawk but now i want to change to navio2

Recently I buy one navio 2, but I have a problem to put intro my plane, and is that in normal orientation it dosen’t fit, so i have to rotate it 90º.

With pixhawk, if i go intro mission planner, i have an option in Config/tunning that appears advanced option or all parameter that i can change… but i can not see this option with the navio…

How can I change the option of the orientation?

In this link: Complete Parameter List — Copter documentation
In AHRS_ORIENTATION: Board Orientation, appears all the options for orientation, I think i need the 8, but I dont know how to change it in navio

Any idea?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english, not my native language!

Pablo

Ok, i have just seen.

In mission planner, Config/Tuning > Planner > Layout change to Advanced.

Now appears all the list of parameters.

Anyway, if somebody knows if it is posible to change parameters directly from the raspberry, i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

You can launch mavproxy on the same Raspberry Pi and connect locally (i.e. passing for example a new TELEM3="-D udp:127.0.0.1:14550" to ArduCopter in /etc/default/arducopter.
Then, launch mavproxy like this:
mavproxy --master 0.0.0.0:14550
After you see the connection established you can issue commands like these:
> param set SCHED_DEBUG 1

Take into account that tab completion works like a charm!

1 Like

Also, another question, i dont know if this post is the best one to talk about, i can move it later if it dosent link to here.

Talking about telemetry, I have a 3DR telemetry and I successfully connected it with mission planner, the question is, Can I use this telemetry for working with raspberry, without mission planner?

I mean, connecting with some program like Putty, for having the SSH of raspberry, or at least having a connection with mavlink.

At the end, what i want to do is, if i am flying in a place without connection of internet, can communicate with the raspberry via this telemetry

Thanks in advance!

Sure, you can enable serial console on a Raspberry Pi with sudo raspi-config → Advanced → Serial → Enable
and after that you’ll have serial console on a UART port on your Navio. Take into account that 3DR radios are normally configured to be operated at 57000 baudrate whereas Linux console is at 115200. These two should match.
The easiest option is to adapt it on the Linux side by modifying /boot/cmdline.txtlike this: console=serial0,115200 -> console=serial0,57600

We cannot use the term “telemetry” for this kind of use. You’’ just use radio channel to transfer information. In this case this is not telemetry, it’s just data. It just happens to be something a serial console on the Linux side.

So in order to have a serial console and have telemetry flow over radio you’ll need two radios at the same time.

But the question is: why do you need such setup? It’s just easier to transmit telemetry over radio and connect using SSH to Raspberry Pi over Wi-Fi (you can buy dongles that have more range, for example).

Cheers.