After all, what is the RATIO parameter in the RTKLIB post-processing report? And how is it calculated?

Firstly, sorry for the English. I’m Brazilian, I’m not fluent, so I use a translator.

My doubts are:

1. What is the RATIO parameter displayed in the RTKLIB post processing report?
  2. How is this parameter calculated?
  3. What is the ideal value of RATIO?
  4. Is this RATIO the same RATIO that appears on some receivers in RTK mode?

1 Like

Good question. I’ve heard of AR Ratio? Maybe this one means it was running at 10Hz? What app is that screenshot from?

Polaris GNSS

Here’s one of their product manuals that may not be the same model but the terminology should cross over. If you search the doc for “RTK ratio” there are only 2 mentions and neither one of them did anything for me but you might make some sense of it.

Hi Mauricio,

Like Michael, I only know about the AR Ration parameter. But this is the one used in Emlid Studio output. Here’s the definition from our Glossary:

This results from the ratio test performed on the potential “Fix” solution. It shows how many times is the best solution better than the next one. If this number is more than 3, Reach will consider RTK solution Fixed.

So, all values higher than 3 can be considered ideal.

The AR Ratio formula is the ratio of the sum of the squared residuals of the second-best-fixed solution to the sum of the squared residuals of the best-fixed solution.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.