Advice for using local Co-ordinate System - Ireland

Hi -
I am looking for some advice on using the Emlid App directly rather than using a 3rdparty software solution with our Reach RS2 device. We are currently using Field Genuis as it allows us to output to ITM (Irish Transverse Mercator), however it runs very slow after a short time and crashes quite a bit. I believe we can use the Emlid App directly and use a exporter to convert from GPS co-ords to local Irish Co-ordinate system, however I am not sure where to start. Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Welcome to our Community forum!

About the coordinate system, I’ve just checked that ReachView 3 supports CS you specified. In this case, you will need to make sure your base or a remote NTRIP station transmits corrections in IRENET95.

As for ReachView 3, we would be glad if you would test our app and give us feedback! For the first step, you can take a look at this video playlist on our YouTube Channel and run through the step-by-step guides in our docs that can help you get started with ReachView 3. Also, I’m ready to answer all your questions 🙂

Hi Elena -
thank you very much for your quick response. I will take a look at the guides and let you know how I get on.
Regards,
Peter

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.