Advanced PPK Processing with RTKLIB

I have had some issues with the RS+ and poor Glonass reception at certain spots. Mostly when around/over (ie. on the roof on top of) heavy machinery (conveyer belts, grinders etc) or near (2-3 meters) power lines in or on the ground).
Moving the base 5 meters to one side usually mitigates the issue. Oh, and if you need on more reason to buy an RS2, then I can happily report that the RS2 is not affected by this noise.

With regards to tricks, then I also have few:

• play around with SNR. Lower in increments of 2 dbhz.
  • only trust fix-and-hold if you have excellent skyview and resulting excellent SNR.
  • use combined method
  • use precise clocks and orbits if possible.
  • if you don’t have too many multipath-inducing objects around you, set Angle mask to 0 and use the per angle SNR mask instead. Set the 2 lowest angle at 45 dbhz as a starting point.
  • leave the system standing 15 min before start and 15 min after landing. Then you can use Static Start method in both Combined and Backwards modes. Especially helpful if you loose fix somewhere along the the middle and can’t regain it. Then you run it Backwards instead and still get a very decent solution.
1 Like

What I meant was that I have tried both receivers as a base in that area specifically and they both have trouble with glonass, but they seem to be fine everywhere else.

GPS-only at 14Hz worked ok, but just working from past experience with traditional survey - more satellites equals redundancy and more accurate data resulting in more repeatable surveys. I just didn’t realize that I could run all of those other constellations with the M+.

1 Like

Then I would definitely try BEIDOU instead of GLONASS and see what happens. Try it, you’ll be surprised how many sats are now available with BEIDOU. I was getting a fast fix also. EDIT: but will depend on time of day and your region. Could get as low as 4 sats, but as high as 10.

1 Like

There is some solid info in the below links — in case you haven’t seen them. Great back-and-forth above.

AM

1 Like

GPS + GAL + BDS should be more than enough satellites. 15 - 25 total sats throughout the day in his area with a 15° mask.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello there :slightly_smiling_face:

Just wanted to share with everyone checking this topic that we now have the Emlid Studio for post-processing.

Raw data analysis, PPK with Stop & Go, and Geotagging have never been this easy. Check it out and share your feedback in a new thread!

2 Likes