Add a LoRa RF scan/survey function

Hey EMLID –

Is there any chance you could add a LoRa 900Mhz-band “RF scan / survey” function to the RS2 firmware which would listen to the 900Mhz bands and display a rudimentary spectrum-analyzer graphic to help users pick the quietest 900 Mhz frequencies?

(Something along the lines of the “Wifi Bandwidth Scan” function in Unifi™ Ubiquiti-line wifi access points… they can shut off their internal Wifi broadcasting for a couple of minutes & use the radio hardware in promiscuous mode to quietly listen to all bands & present a summary graphic showing which 2.4G and 5.2G bands are least-used…)

4 Likes

Hi @manscuto842,

Do you mean that you’d like to choose a less busy frequency using this feature?

1 Like

Yes, I’d like to be able to have the RS2 execute an RF scan (also known as an RF survey) of the LoRa bands to see which LoRa frequency(ies) are the least-used and/or lowest-noise.

In my case, actual LoRa-protocol cross-traffic will be almost non-existent (I am in a rural area,) but there may be other RF noise or traffic in the 900 Mhz band from two-way radios, long-range intercom systems, industrial control systems, etc.

4 Likes

Hi @manscuto842,

Thanks for the clarification! We’ll note your request.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.