Absolute newbie- need help getting started

Hi Eric,

We don’t have a specific guide, but you can read our Support tip explaining this process.

I need to look at your file and check its raw data quality before drawing any conclusions. You can send it via PM or contact us to support@emlid.com.

I assume that ultra-rapid orbit was used due to the fact that you uploaded the file right after the logging session. Rapid satellite ephemeris and clocks usually appear in such services at least in 24 hours, precise ephemeris may appear in a few days.

If you want to proceed working in RTK, you need to input obtained coordinates once you place the base in the field. If you work in PPK, it’s enough to keep these coordinates and input them lately in Emlid Studio or another post-processing software.

If you have several fixed points with known coordinates at your survey area, you can add them manually in the project. When you place the base over one of these known points to collect your GCPs in RTK, you select a particular point from the project. In this case, you won’t need to input their coordinates each time: they are stored in the project.

To bypass it, you can record UBX log as backup. Reach will simultaneously log one RINEX file for OPUS with preset, and the UBX file, which you can convert into the RINEX in Studio. UBX file contains all the raw data, so you can adjust it to the software requirements. Emlid Studio will process converted RINEX file smoothly.

No, it doesn’t. This setting affects RTK mode, not logging.

It depends on your NTRIP provider. As far as I know, some of them provide access to logs only via email requests.

Yes, you’re right. If time intervals don’t match, Emlid Studio outputs SINGLE solutions. The same as if you process without the base log at all.

It’s unnecessary, but you may struggle to get a FIX when the base has a large update rate, like 30 seconds. We receive such reports occasionally, so it’s better to keep the base and the rover on close update rates. For example, if the base has 1 Hz and the rover has 5 Hz, there should be no issues.