About porting OPTEE to work with Raspian image

Hi,

I want to set up a secure zone on the rpi3. To be specific, I want to port OPTEE.

Is there a place where the source of current Raspian image sits?

Or is there any good other good way you can think of?

Thank you!
Ruide

Hi @rd.cheung,

You can find our kernel source code here.

Hi Tatiana,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, i saw that source before. However, the default entry rpi-3.18.9-rt5 is for kernel image of rpi and rpi2. We are currently using rpi3. Do you know where can i find the kernel source for rpi3? Is rpi-4.14.y-navio the one I am looking for?

Thanks!
Ruide

Hi @rd.cheung,

Yes, you need this branch.

You also can use pi-gen tool for navio to build navio stretch image.

Hi Tatiana,

These are exactly what I need. Thanks a lot!

Ruide

1 Like

Hi Tatiana,

Turns out rpi-4.14.y-navio is not the exact one I want. The current github branch is version 4.14.34 while the preconfigured image I downloaded is using Linux navio 4.14.95-emlid-v7+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 4 15:59:56 MSK 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux.

I met issues when using 4.14.34 navio kernel with the root file system I extracted from preconfigured image I downloaded. I cross compiled the kernel with bcm2709_navio2_defconfig using linaro toolchain version 6.2.1.

Is it possible for your team to share the source of navio 4.14.95-emlid-v7+ with me?

Or can you point to a place where I can get a working Image and a working rootfs? Currently pi-gen-tool is broken and 4.14.y Image cannot work on preconfigured rootfs.

In the end, I patch the upstream 4.14.95 and make it work.

Thanks!
Ruide

Hi @rd.cheung,

Sorry for the delayed reply!

Do I understand correctly that you’ve resolved the issue? Does it work fine now?

Hi Tatiana,

Not a problem. Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I made it work and for now I haven’t met any issue. Optee is working as expected also. But if it is possible for your team to share the source I mentioned in previous post with me, it would be greatly appreciated! It is totally okay if otherwise.

Thanks!
Ruide

Hi @rd.cheung,

We’ve just updated pi-gen-navio and linux-rt-rpi repositiries.

Hi tatiana,

Thanks for the update! I will try it when i can!

Thanks!
Ruide

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.