Abnormal network - drone mapping

Hello, I recently purchased an RS3 with the intention of using it for RTK drone mapping in areas with no cell service. We have two phantom RTK drones that we use and both are coming up with an error “abnormal network connection.” This happens when connecting the drone (rover) to the RS3 base over local NTRIP.

Has anyone had this issue?

I will mention one more issue I’m having… I have tried this setup with emlid caster and I can get a connection success, but on my drone controller the output readings are not displaying.

In the past we have used the DJI DRTK2 and have had zero issues.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Are you connecting the RC directly to the Reach hotspot or via another device like a standalone or phone hotspot?

Make sure the Pilot & Remote Control remain within wireless range of the RS3 - you’ll lose corrections/network if you don’t as the corrections are sent from the RS3 to the P4 via the RC unit.

Beyond that, make sure you’ve selected the right NTRIP connection on the DJI unit - you need to make sure the WiFi is connected, and that you have the right NTRIP connection/Mount Point selected in the Flight Controller App.

HTH

1 Like