3DR SOLO with REACH

@Yorke brilliant work on those designs! I would be very interested in those files as well.

Thanks
J

All, where are we now with this whole thread? I have solos with green cube, one Sony a6000, one Ricoh gr ii. Would like to get the reach with base station for photogrammetry. Ideally I would like to program my mission with MP and have MP trigger the camera and the reach (connected to the hot shoe) geotag the photos. Then export the pictures for stitching in e.g. Pix4d.

1 Like

Hi,

For your application, it isn’t necessary to integrate Reach with the flight controller. All you’ve described should work just fine. You can configure MP to trigger the camera and connect Reach via hot shoe directly to Sony a6000 to save time marks.

2 Likes

Thank you Tatiana. Do you guys offer discounts for university (State of Florida University)? This is indeed for development and publications will likely follow but as you know we are always crunched with low budget.

It also would be interesting to compare the system I describe above with what I get with another RTK equipped drone. We can continue this conversation off the board if you like.

Best,

Hey there,

You can apply for edu-dicsount on this page: education discount.

It would be great if you could describe the project in the form or in a seperate thread!

Thanks!

I know this post is 3 years old but, is that statement still true today ?

If I make a demo of ESP8266 (providing open source code) that can be mounted on any UAV and that can trig a GoPro via WIFI and the Emlid Reach M+ via GPIO. Do I have a free Reach M+ in return ?

I’m afraid this offer is no longer relevant, @patrickduhaime.
However, you can always buy a new device in our online store :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes