3D Printed case

Hi Navio team and users,

Have you finish to develop the 3d printed case ? for both B/B+ ?

Thanks
Fabien

Hello Fabien,

We are working on it and will be releasing it soon. We need some time to verify the design.

Fabien, I have uploaded it to Thingiverse. It is not tested yet, but was designed to the best of our knowledge.

hi Igor,

I wander if the case has enough ventilation?

Can you provide the design itself? I downloaded the case it is in STL format right?

No experience with 3d printing but would like to make small modifications to it and then print it.

Can you let me know with what software I could immport the STL file and modify it ?

thank you

hugo

Hi Hugo, I have used SolidWorks to draw it. You can use it to modify STL files. If you need them in other format just let me know and I will do conversion.

Interesting! Thanks for the upload Igor. A good friend of mine has a 3d printer, I’ll ask if he can print one up within the next week or so and if so I will upload pictures and a review.

Is this designed for the Navio+? Would you be able to provide the SolidWorks file for it?

Hi there,

Can anyone upload a photo of the 3D printed case with Navio+ inside it?
I’ve printed it but seems that neither RPi B+ nor the RPi 2 fits this case.

Regards,
Pedro Alves

I had this trouble when I first got my 3D printer, turned-out it wasn’t calibrated. So to find-out who’s wrong (Emild or the printer) you should do this:

1. Look at the dimensions when loaded into a simple 3D editor like Google SketchUp. There is a measure tool.Check the inner dimension or some other key part/hole and compare that to the Raspberry Pi.

2. Calibrate your printer in X, Y and Z. Download some of the test prints from Thingiverse. Whilst doing this the bed leveling calibration is also great to do at the same time as it has such a big impact.

3. If you want a quick fix, use the scale feature of your 3D printing program to get more room.