Is FRAM legacy? Is there one on Navio2?

After implementing the Windows FRAM code and wondering why such a small 32K device on Navio+ (or just 4K on Navio) is needed at all, and reading the post below. I wonder if FRAM has been ditched on Navio2?

Specifically:

I would not recommend using FRAM chip at all

No problem for me, I planned to implement the full chipset anyway and the code will be shared with other DIY projects for Windows IoT.

Just wanted to know if it has any future/real-world scenario? I guess in mission critical situations data written to the SD card could be protected against corruption by installing some mini super-capacitors/mini-UPS for the RasPi, or just a backup battery with script to land/shutdown cleanly when the primary battery fails.

There is no FRAM on Navio2.
First we installed it with compatibility reasons in mind but it turned out that there really was no need in it.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. It was fun to play with the chip anyway and there was a lot of refactoring and other improvements to other parts of the code made visible whilst implementing it, so still a plus in end effect. I’ll leave the code in there for reference, but it won’t be upgraded to a device driver or anything like that in the second version of the SDK.