Using Post Processed Data

Yes, those are two more new words I’ve added to my vocabulary this week. It all looked so easy in the ad…

I noticed in the latest NRCAN PPP update, they started doing the same thing, for static multi-frequency only.

There is a nice explanation with a relevant figure where they explain this should actually reduce RMS in almost all cases.

One interesting fact:

This is because CSRS-PPP uses precise GNSS clock products at a 30-second rate.

1 Like

Hi Frank,

Is the Base unit in the Base Mode section the correct place to enter this information?

Yes, you need to enter precise base coordinates in the Base mode tab on the base unit. Please note that the coordinates should be in LLH, as RTCM3 corrections work with geographic coordinates only. The required coordinated system for the base station is shown when you create a new project in ReachView 3.

Each Reach RS2 unit has the same interface, so there is a Base mode tab on the rover. You don’t need to enter any coordinates there.

I was using Reachview v2.25.1 because I did not find a place in the setting tab on Reach 3 that shows the graph of the satellites.

To check the graph of satellites, you can tap on the receiver’s name in ReachView 3 and go to the Reach Panel. I’d suggest updating your receivers to the latest stable firmware, as it provides this option and contains some new features and fixes.

I’m curious to know if they can be used or if I have to decide before I go out into the field which service I’m going to use and set logging up accordingly.

As far as I know, OPUS requires RINEX 2.11 logs. However, if you collected raw data in RINEX 3.XX or UBX, it’s possible to convert it to the required format in RTKConv.

I am now wanting to understand why my elevation numbers are about 90 feet off from what the survey numbers are on another project.

As Gabriel noticed, such a shift may occur if you use different vertical datums for your projects. If there is a shift between the heights collected with the same vertical datum, please create a new topic for further investigation.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.