UAV Consulting

The plot thickens. I will definitely be looking into this a little further.

https://www.expouav.com/news/latest/geocue-gnss-capability-phantom-4-rtk/

Paying special attention to this part. “Currently, the DJI D-RTK-2 base station (optionally available) for the P4R can only be used in RTK mode and then only if it is being sited on a known location. The D-RTK-2 does not allow access to an observation file.”

So apparently only the drone data can be PPK along with a network OBS file?

Now my head is spinning. If you can put the P4P in PPK mode then why can’t I use my Emlid or Topcon base OBS file and post process the same way that we are now. I’m afraid that it’s going to be really hard to get an answer to that.

Hello chascoadmin,

What did you mean by “5hz is not fast enough for the drone”?

I ended up going the other way; went from 14hz back to 5hz so I could track another constellation. This gave me more fixed track for no measurable drawback

I have my first PPK flight tomorrow with a fixed wing w/ Emlid M. Going to start at 14hz GPS only. Did you go back and conduct the same flight with these parameters, any difference?

I had a much harder time matching consistent time offset so I ended up using the full track instead of the events file. It was hard to tell exactly where to match the point, but they were consistent and proved relative after processing.
I am now running 14hz with GPS, Galileo and SBS and it has been working fine.

I ran this setup again today and missed several events. I don’t know that it has anything to do with the extra sat constellations, but I was still able to match and image to a time and then use the full track.

Hello chascoadmin,

What did you mean by “5hz is not fast enough for the drone”?

I ended up going the other way; went from 14hz back to 5hz so I could track another constellation. This gave me more fixed track for no measurable drawback

I was experiencing cycle slips as was evident in rtkplot. Even going to 10hz was better. @Brian_Christal, my problem now is that the sensor appears to be missing events.

Will send out another cable. Early beta cables occasionally missed or added events.

Thanks @Brian_Christal, been a great setup!

Hi there folks. Im having the same problem… missing events on my surveys. how can i solve that?
Many thanks.

Do you have the TuffWing or equivalent LED activated setup?

Yes i have tuffwing kit beta release

PM @Brian_Christal. We’ll try the update kit and report back.

How can i order the update kit??!

Hi Pedro,

It’s on the way to you.

Heyyy man… Thank you very Much…

Should I use a Phantom 4 pro? Or the Pro v2.0?

Thanks

I would definitely go to the V2 just because of the ocusync. Besides that there’s really no difference so it depends on what you want to spend.

1 Like

Latest update on the P4P PPK M+ setup…

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.