Tractor installation advice welcome

I mentioned earlier I was working on a mower using the reach and navio2. Here is progress so far, figured someone would get a kick out of it.

Few things to note:
Safety is a big concern so I have the RC manual if AUTO goes crazy, and on board kill switch, and an out of band/independent remote kill switch that cuts all power to entire mower (as in kills motor too).

I’m still working on getting the RTK all ironed out. I got new antennas and quite happy with how they are working, even with the storms coming in. On a sunny day I think I’ll have solid RTK, especially not in a subdivision.

There is a small chance the linear actuators is causing a quick voltage drop that is affecting the active antenna. So still investigating that.

As from the videos the mower still weaves a little and for one reason or another refuses to cut that strip. In a few days taking to a large empty field so I can see how it performs on turns and long parallel cuts. I assume a lot of tweaking to stop that weaving, common with APM rover setups.

One thing I’m a bit worried is if that small tree is altering how the GPS is working, but slight enough not to trigger into float. Call me crazy is this over the top, but not for sure how foliage has an effect on RTK. On linux I’m trying to get a workflow so I can compare planed GPS coordinates against what the Reach is resolving. RTKPlot is awesome but super buggy with Wine on Linux.

4 Likes