Surveying Near High Voltage Transmission Lines

Anything you would change on that design? I’m going to run this by a machinist friend of mine. Too little parts for such a cost.

1 Like

if you’ve got a machinist then heck yeah. My problem has been that the pin is what it is and it’s kind of small. It hasn’t been a problem, but I would have designed it differently. I would bore out the mount that connects to the receiver and make the receiving pin 1/2 inch. Also the bushings are a little hard. The rubber could be a little softer for better shock absorption. Of course we don’t go hauling butt across a job site, but over time it has to be a better protection.

I’d be more worried about the RS snapping off at that 1/4" thread. Probably wouldn’t take long.

If u don’t want to get the dampener, than have your machinist fabricate something similar with a great deal of shock absorption.

You could probably use some welders magnets. By time u buy all this and the fellas time involved, would probably exceed the cost.

I am thinking the bushings need to make the setup more like a drone gimbal.

If I didn’t want to spend for the nice Emlid vibration damper:

then between the magnet / triangle-shaped bracket shown in @michaelL’s pic above, just substitute the hard rubber risers for three of these rubber exhaust hanger o-rings and attach with black zip ties (cable ties). I think they are about $2 to $5 each at the muffler shop / auto parts store and look like this:

…except I spent for the nice Emlid vibration damper. And it is nice in case you were wondering. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.