Survey point raw log

I think you are doing it correctly. If you are post-processing your raw logs, then the point collection isn’t necessary. All I do is start the raw log, write down the log time and a name for the point, and stop the raw log before moving to the next point. Then, when I download each raw log, I just add the point name from my notes to the filename.

Of course setting some parameters for a survey project and starting a point collection has the benefit that you can do something else and then check in a few minutes to see if the point was successfully collected (meaning that there was no hiccup in the RTK status, and your project requirements were met for that point). Now you can be confident that you can get the same or better results from processing the raw logs later.

But yes, this could be streamlined. It could be as simple as being able to append a note or a point name to a raw log while it is recording. More likely this could be solved better by a third party program/script which takes your survey project with it’s saved points; then extracts the start and end time of each point; then automatically triggers a post-processing job for each point. Theoretically, that job could also be done on the Reach module itself instead of your computer. Of course, you would have to leave it on while traveling back to the office.

Then again, if you give post-processing control over to an automated process, then it is hard to make the manual adjustments that are sometimes necessary to get the most of your data. It’s not a one-size-fits-all situation, but there’s definitely room for it to evolve!