Surpad 4.0 with RS2 does it work well?

Hello, I have been looking at software so I can do line deployments using cad files and I came across the surpad4 software someone here uses it with RS2 to give me some feedback.

Te recomiendo Topview
Pide una licencia demo y lo pruebas con tu RS2

It is ok. The bluetooth of RS 2 make some problems when you lose the data connection

With Surpad 4.0 you have the advantage of using TCP client connection no need to use bluetooth connection.

2 Likes

I am not sure what you mean by “line deployments”

Not sure if this would work for you but, I use an app by Trimble called WM-Survey II. It works with their monitors and software. If I remember correctly, it can output data three ways, trimble proprietary/csv/shp. If it will work for your application it is FREE which I find a great feature!

1 Like

ZinouZinedine

Mar 13

With Surpad 4.0 you have the advantage of using TCP client connection no need to use bluetooth connection.

AND YOU CAN SHOW US WHAT THESE SETTINGS ARE FOR EMLID SO WE DON’T USE BLUETOUTH ANYMORE

Hi Gabriel,

With ReachView (Rover):

1- Poition output Enable output on TCP
Role = Server.
Adress = localhost.
Port = 9001.
Format = NMEA.

With SurPad :

2- Goto Device --> Communication
Device manufacturer = Other.
Device Type = RTK(NMEA0183).
Communication Mode = TCP Client.
IP = 192.168.X.X assigned IP adress to your Rover by default (192.168.42.1).
Port = 9001 (a same port set above with ReachView).
Connect.

3- To receive corrections set Rover option.
Finally do not forget to set antenna parameters (Antenna Measured Height and Type).

4 Likes

it worked almost like oil, but I noticed that there are no interruptions until the data is updated, otherwise everything seems perfect if you can tell me what settings you have on gnss seting

I am happy that all works fine for you :wink:.

A post was split to a new topic: SurPad with RS2

Hola,
Con surpad 4.0 en modo ntrip tengo el problema que no reconoce distancia ni datos la base de la cual si esta recibiendo las correcciones, por ejemplo en datos de la base me sale el mensaje de ninguna, tuviera usted algĂşn tipo de soluciĂłn a este problema???

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.