Standalone surveying with rs2+

Discrepancies in RS2+ accuracy:

• The significant difference in accuracy between RTK and single mode (80+ cm) suggests issues with the single mode configuration or performance. Consider investigating the antenna settings, satellite visibility, and environmental factors.
  • While setting up a base station improves accuracy, the significant deterioration at greater distances (90 miles) raises questions about the base station setup and communication effectiveness.

Handheld mapper performance:

• The consistently good accuracy of the handheld mapper (30cm or under) is impressive, especially considering its age and lack of subscription fees.
  • The “differential” received by the mapper could indeed be SBAS, which provides additional corrections for improved accuracy.

Ceith,

Thanks for double-checking. I was talking about the multi-band receivers since we are discussing RS2+. I’ll update my previous answer to reflect that. On a single-band unit, the effect of the SBAS corrections is quite low.

Yes, I can confirm that the multi-band units do indeed work with SBAS corrections.

2 Likes

Thanks @olesia.riman for that update.
(I edited one of my earlier comments regarding this).

1 Like

OK yes I would include staking or anything where you need to move the unit to the position as necessary uses of RTK

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.